Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Once a skeptic, now a Sprinkles believer

Walking out of Bloomingdale's, with my mom, I looked across the street wondering what celebrity was in town that's causing the long line across the street.  I look up and see Sprinkles outside the building where the line was stretched down the streeting.  Wondering what Sprinkles is, I say to my mom, "I wonder what kind of place that is that has all those people lined up like that."  My mom, as clueless as I was, hunches her shoulders and we continue walking towards the car.  A few moments later, I learn it's a cupcake place.  Really?  Laughing out loud because I'm thinking these people must be crazy.  And me, being out to prove that they were crazy, get in line to see what is the hype about this cupcake.

Exactly 12 minutes later (and my mouth is watering NOW just thinking about it), I'm sitting in the car with my mom and bite into the best piece of cupcake I've ever had in my entire life.  It should be against the law for something to taste so good and satisfy my sweet tooth to highest level of any amount of sugar I've ever had.  To say that a Sprinkles cupcake is good would be an understatement.  Words do not decribe the taste of this tiny piece of cake that has people in Beverly Hills, Dallas, Houston, Washington DC and Chicago going crazy.  I figured if it was featured on Oprah (I didn't know this until standing in line and watching the Oprah segment on the screen outside the store) then it must be a hit.  But featured on Oprah or not, this cupcake is everything and more.  It is a moist, sweet, soft, iced just right little something that has you ready to go to bed just so you can wake up in the morning to rush and buy one.  And it is worth every bit of the $3 it cost for one cupcake to bite into one of the many, delicious flavors (red velvet, banana, carrot, lemon, dark chocalate, cinnamon sugar, milk chocalate, coconut, to name a few) . 

As happy as I was to have discovered Sprinkles, I was also sad.  Sad, because I discovered it 2 days before I moved to New York City.  That night I thought, surely if there was a Sprinkles in Chicago, there was one in New York.  Nooooooooo!  I couldn't believe there was no Sprinkles in New York City.  However, my disappointment didn't last too long as I soon discovered there would be one opening in New York in February 2011.  Until then I get them whenever I visit Chicago and wait for the moment they arrive in New York City.  Wherever that line stretches (I'm sure it will be one), I know I will be in it as someone else looks from across the street saying, "why are all those crazy people in line for a cupcake." Once bite of a Sprinkles cupcake and you'll be crazy too.  Check them out http://sprinkles.com/

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya. I got Jonnel hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your blog Little Cherry Girl, did not know you wrote blogs :). I would love to write a blog...I have a passion for writing and would to share it with others. Thanks LCG, I am a Sprinkles follower myself! Ditto, their cupcakes are amazing and your pics are making me crave them even more.

    ReplyDelete