Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Common is Just wRIGHT

Scott McNight, Common....no wait, I mean Scott McNight, no Common....UGH! I can't decide.  Could it be because Common was sooooo fine as Scott McNight in the movie Just Wright.  I've seen Common appear in several movies and television shows. Among other things,  he threw down as the poet and Lynn's lover in Girlfriends.  He was killer as an assassin in Wanted (with Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman) and so good as a crooked cop in Street Kings that I almost forgot it was him.  And who can forget American Gangsta.  Appearing in anything alongside Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe gives anyone another hole in their acting belt.

I'm a hopeless romantic so it's no wonder that I loved Just Wright, starring Common and Queen Latifah.  Unlike, some critics, I thought Common's acting, in this film, was excellent.  Common stars as basketball star Scott McNight who meets physical therapist, Leslie Wright (Latifah) and quickly develops a friendship.  Meanwhile Scott is dating Leslie's god-sister, Morgan (Paula Patton).  Ok so I'm about to speed the story up........McNight gets hurt, Morgan dumps him, Leslie treats him, McNight likes Leslie, she like him back, Morgan wants him back and in the end Scott and Leslie hook up.  It was a great romantic comedy.  I got it on Netflix 2 weeks ago and refuse to return it until I purchase my own.  I mean I absolutely love this movie.  It's right up there with Hope Float (you know I love Sandra Bullock).  I find myself smiling the entire movie, except for those times when Leslie feels hurt.

Common was fine and smooth.  He was so good in this film, I'm hoping the next man that comes into my life is just like Scott McNight, minus the pro basketball player thing.  I loved the way he talked, the way he looked, the way he smiled, the way his eyes gazed when showing interest in a woman.  He was the complete package.  Being from Chicago, I'm a Common fan anyway, but seeing him in Just Wright was just right for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment