Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Central Park through my lens

So my move to New York hasn't been everything I'd hope it would be, but each week gets better.  On this particular day, I decided to combine my love of photography with my desire to get to know more of New York City.  Tired from a weekend of going out, I braved the cold air,  grabbed my sony DSLR, jumped on the A train and headed to the corner of  72nd Street & Central Park West to meet the rest of my advanced photography class for a 1 day shooting session of Central Park. 

Here are some of the photos (unedited) that were taken on my Central Park journey.

Close up of leaves on a tree.  Perfecting my aperture and shutter speed so that the background is blurry.



Ahhh!  Many are wondering how I made those leaves turn blue.  Well, me too because I can't      remember what feature I used on my camera.  Oh wait, I remember.  I changed the white balance to Tungsten. 

                                                    











I've seen this shot in many movies (can't remember which ones right now), but this is a good shot.  It shows some of the beauty of Central Park and gives a little glimpse of what's waiting outside of the park.




       This was the BEST pretzel I've ever had.  Maybe I was a little hungry, but it was still very tasty.  

I hope you've enjoyed a small peak into what was a good day for me, in Central Park.  I'm still in the process of exploring New York City and all it has to offer.  As I explore, I will share, the good and bad, and hope all ends well and I stay in New York because right now it's not looking real good for the city.  But hey, that's another entry for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment