Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Its All About Max

I was one of those people who used to think that people's obsession with their pets, particularly dogs was insane.  I mean really, who would take their dog everywhere with them, buy them clothes and doggie daycare..........FORGET ABOUT IT! 

Well, September 7, 2007 I became one of those people.  On that day, the most precious thing was delivered to me.  At only 10 weeks and 3.6lbs Max entered my life and I haven't been the same since.  I must admit, I've become one of those people I used to talk about and call crazy.  And now it all makes sense, to me anyway.  Max goes everywhere with me, he has all the freshest clothes and yep he's a doggie daycare regular.  He brings me so much joy.  When I'm away from him, I miss him and can't wait to see him again.  He makes me laugh, he makes me cry, he calms me and knows the right things to do to get on my good side (even those times when he's knocked over the grocery bag to steal the turkey jerky).  There a saying that goes something like, "people and their pets are the same."  Well it must be true because together, Max and I will sleep the day away.  I am not a morning person and Max well, sometimes I have to wake him up.  I get so jealous when I have to wake up early and he stays sleep the entire time I'm getting dressed with that "better you than me" look on his face.  I have medical issues and Blum Animal Hospital knows me on a first name basis because Max is there so much.  With everything (including the cost) that comes with caring for Max, I wouldn't trade him for anything. 

He's a very smart dog, a sharp dresser and very good looking!  One look at the face and whatever I'm stressing about goes away.  Yes, he sleeps wild, wants to play ball too much and passes gas that stinks all to be damned but I love him.  Whenever God decides to put a man or a child into my life, they will have some stiff competition because Max will be all over them, making sure they are right for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment