Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Raw Honey and Brown Sugar Facial Scrub

Honey and brown sugar are for more than just eating.  They have some amazing characteristics that help the skin too.  Being that I have oily, acne prone and sensitive skin, I am always on the look out for something that leaves my skin clean, blemish free and glowing.  I came across this facial scrub on moptop maven's blog (check her out at http://moptopmaven.blogspot.com) and though I'd give it a try.

I've been using the mask 2xs a week for 3 weeks now and I absolutely love it.  It has amazing exfoliating benefits (helps to slough off dead skin cells) and my skin has never felt better.

Raw Honey and Brown Sugar facial Scrub
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of raw honey
  • brown sugar - sugar has glycolic acid  which helps to eliminate fine lines and wrinkles, hydrate the skin, protect the skin from toxins, and gently exfoliate superficial skin cells 
  • raw honey-soaks up and cleanse your skin and pores of excess oil.  Also purported to stimulate skin regeneration.





 Here's the regimen I followed, today, when using the honey & brown sugar mask. 

- cleansed skin using oil cleansing method
- applied raw honey and brown sugar facial scrub (massage on skin for 3-5 minutes, rinse with warm water to remove honey and brown sugar, follow with a cool rinse to close pores)
- applied homemade apple cider vinegar toner
- used grapeseed oil as my moisturizer

                                                    WITH THE SCRUB ON MY FACE
                                                      
                       FACE AFTER SCRUB (I've also already applied toner and moisturizer)

No comments:

Post a Comment